Friday, October 01, 2004

Happy Bloggaversary to Me

So today is my 1 year blogging anniversary. This little post started it all:
Welcome to my blog. Commentary on anything that catches my eye.
365 days and 495 posts later here I am.

I started this blog out of sheer boredom at work. I really was a "window manager", spending my time looking out the window. I stumbled across the blogosphere some six months earlier and spent a lot of time reading blogs throughout the day, but I thought I could do that. I looked into how to set up a blog and received tips and encouragement from Techdirt and Jim Carson (Jim actually volunteered to host me, but I decided not to bother him and used Blogger - which has had its own share of problems over the past year).

The blog has ended up being more "personal observations" than either business or political analysis, which I thought it would be. There are simply better writers with more experience in both these areas, but I hope I add relevant points to each of these topics when I decide to comment on them.

So a year later is there a favorite post? I have had some serious posts, thoughtful posts, humorous posts, and plenty of stupid ones. I have had people tell me off-line about posts that they particularly liked, but the most positive feedback I have received was the explanation of my organizational structure from my previous company, which definitely goes into the humor column.

No comments: