Monday, March 17, 2008

Those Wacky IS Guys (Again)

The IS department just installed new expense reporting software for my company. Every month or so I am supposed to go in and report my sales expenses for reimbursement.

One of the requirements of the new software is that you report your expenses in the foreign currency which you used, which the software will convert for the accounting department.

My business is nearly all in Asia. Currency NOT on the conversion list is:
  • South Korean Won
  • Chinese Yuan
  • Taiwan Dollar

Currency that is ON the list includes (and I am not kidding):
  • Icelandic Krona
  • South African Rand
  • Jamaican Dollar
So they put currency that will never (legitimately) be used by the sales force, and don't put in countries that we actually visit. Hello? McFly? Anyone at home?

No comments: