Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Another Bull$*!t Poll


The Earth goes around the sun!
The Earth goes around the sun!
The Earth goes around, the Earth goes around,
the Earth goes around the sun!

- A song sung by 4-year-old daughter

Excuse me if I find the latest "poll" hard to believe:
One adult American in five thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth, an idea science had abandoned by the 17th century.

Sorry, I don't believe it.

I do believe that a large number of Americans are innumerate and have problems with scientific concepts. But I don't believe that one in five don't know this simple scientific fact that my own preschooler knows. I chalk this up to yet another poll that is trying to push an agenda. In this case, the agenda is that Americans are stupid and can't make decisions for themselves. The solution to this "problem" is to put specially selected smart people in places of power to make all the decisions for all the stupid people.

In other words, it's a Leftist position. So excuse me if I find this poll B.S.

No comments: