Sunday, February 08, 2004

Why Kirk is Better than Picard

Like you need a list of examples, but here's 100 (no permalink for the listing, so just scroll down to find the entry). A few of my favorites:

90. Kirk would personally throw Wesley off his bridge.
86. Kirk would never sing to children in a crisis.
66. Kirk says "Shoot first and wait for retaliation."
45. If Kirk finds a strange spinning probe, he blows it up.
26. Kirk plays god with lesser cultures, and then exploits them for resources.
6. Three Words: Flying Leg Kick

Of course Picard is better than either Janeway or Archer. I would put Archer at the bottom, BUT Archer is doing better this season, at least within the Zindi story line. Anyone who puts someone in an airlock and starts decompressing it in order to get info gets a big star in my book (I don't know how many times I rolled my eyes at some wimpy decision by Janeway). I didn't watch DSN enough to judge Cisco Sisco, but he's disqualified anyway since he is a captain of a stationary barge instead of a star ship.

Hat Tip: Poliblogger

No comments: