- WIFI - This should be mandatory on all flights over four hours. Yeah, they charge through the nose, but it is well worth it.
- Bier - Unlike AMERICAN carriers that stopped serving free alcohol in coach for overseas flights, Lufthansa still pours. I asked what kind of bier they had, and the stewardess frowned and said they "only" had Warsteiner Premium, probably assuming I wanted a Bud. This is a fine bier, full bodied and flavored. I had them bring me a couple.
- The Staff - My stewardess is Martina Hingess. Okay, probably not, but it looks just like her.
- Coach Seating - This coach seat has got to be the smallest, most cramped seat I have ever been in. That is saying a lot considering the Asian flag airliners I have flown, which scale their seats for smaller nationalities. Right now to type this blog entry I have the notebook screen pulled straight and angled down on my lap since the seat in front of me is in my lap.
- Check-In Line - Again, the worst line I have ever been in. My visions of German efficiency went out the window as I waited over 90 minutes in a line that went 150 yards out the door of the LAX terminal. I didn't freak out since it just meant I waited there instead of a bar, but still, pretty annoying.