Monday, June 12, 2006

Like Lost Luggage Isn't Enough to Worry About

Guess which country is on my travel plans soon?

"The United States government has received unconfirmed information of a possible terrorist threat against US interests in China, especially in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou," the embassy said in a statement on its website.

"American citizens in China are advised to be aware of their surroundings and remain alert to possible threats."


I could try to blend in with the local population so I can't be spotted as an American, but my height, build, complexion, physical features, clothing, language skills, and facial expressions are pretty much a dead give away. Maybe the guy I am traveling with, Muhammad, (I am NOT making this up) will give me some cover.

No comments: