- Toys R Us runs a contest clearly stating contestants, expectant mothers, must be women (you never know these days) and "legal residents of the 50 United States or Washington D.C."
- Contest winner was NOT a legal resident of the 50 States or D.C.
- So Toys R Us gives prize to someone else
- Ethnic Chinese groups whine about "discrimination"
- Toys R Us caves and gives prize to illegal immigrant
Companies and organizations keep falling over backwards to reward people who break the law to get here. Is there any wonder that we have an illegal immigrant problem?
I was thinking that what we really need is a change of "any person born here is automatically a citizen" to discourage some of this illegal immigration. However, with various states offering free education, special college tuition rates, or even planning to offer free health care to illegal aliens, the difference between being a citizen and being an illegal immigrant is becoming smaller and smaller every day..