Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Great Sales Training Class

I have spent the last few days in a Miller-Heiman training class. Pitched as "Conceptual Selling" and "Strategic Selling" the MH process focuses on the corporate selling process (versus, say, selling to individuals on the showroom floor).

If there was one broad concept that encapsulates the class, it's Companies don't buy products, people do. I can't sell to "Samsung" or "Sony", I sell to individuals who have their own business and personal needs that need to be met. The class provides a nice set of tools and concepts that helps the salesperson navigate the process and figure out what he needs to do to increase his chances of a close.

The class largely teaching me what I already knew, but I liked the framework and tools to support what I was already doing from instinct and experience. I highly recommend it to anyone who is in sales or business development.

No comments: