Friday, April 18, 2008

Being Forced to Clear Out Your Freezer

My daughter noticed water dripping out of the freezer. I looked in the ice compartment and saw that the cubes were half their normal size. I poked into some of the Costco-purchased meat and felt it give. The freezer was out. I opened the fridge and found it out as well.

The side-by-side Whirlpool is only five years old (POS!). The service center said they could send someone out the next day. I could put refrigerated items in my bar fridge, but what in the hell was I going to do with all the bulk-purchased meat?

There was only one solution: Block Party BBQ! .

That's oven a dozen steaks and some chicken on sizzle. I had, of course, just completed a Costco run. If it had happened just a week before the freezer would have been empty except for pizzas and peas.

The repair guy found the problem in only five minutes (and took 30 mins to repair). The bad news is that the repair was nearly $300. Add in the cost of the meat give-away and I am out some serious bucks this week.

No comments: