Saturday, November 08, 2008

Tony Was Somtimes Insightful

It's good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that...but lately I've been getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.

- Tony Soprano


I've been thinking the same thing about my country. We're now a nation of losers looking for handouts. Look at the auto industry. To prop them up the government is going to have to take capital away from industries that make money and give it to an industry that loses money.

And this is what our new "president" wants to do with individuals. Not create opportunities. Not put together a structure for people to create businesses and expand. But take money away from people who are productive and give it to losers. How long can a country survive on this wonderful economic plan? How long can the losers sponge off the productive and how long until the productive just throw in the towel?

No comments: