Saturday, March 16, 2024

My Reverse Bucket List

I was already using the term "Reverse Bucket List" before a saw an article of the same name making the rounds (now can't find the link).  In this article the term meant something you wouldn't do again, but in my case it is a list of places I hope to die before ever having to go to:

1. Anywhere in Africa (before killing tourists became popular I would have seen Egypt).

2. India.  I guy I knew had to go to India on a technical project and brought a giant jar of peanut butter and box of crackers, and ate only that for three days.  He was okay and everyone else got violently ill.  And ask anyone who has been there about all the beggars.

3. China again.  The one exception to the list where I have been a few times, and outside the major cities it's $&%-hole.

4. New Jersey

As for things I would still like to see, I can't say I have an official bucket list.  I have been to a couple dozen countries, and have seen and done amazing things.  There is nothing left where I am thinking "I gotta do THAT".   But things that might interest me would be like a reboot of the show Booze Traveler:

1. Port tasting in Portugal

2. Scotch tasting in Scotland

3. Vodka tasting in Russia - I would like to see the Kremlin and St. Petersburg, but don't think tourism will open back up there for another decade or two, so a question of when Russian tourism will return versus my longevity.

No comments: