Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I Survive Another CEO - for Now

Here is the real email that was waiting for me when I got back from lunch today. I did a double - or triple - take since I have seen this exact email several times before in my career:
(My Old CEO) has made the decision to leave (My Company) to pursue new career opportunities. (My Old CEO) was instrumental in building the product group organization within (My Company). Through his tenure with the company, he has worked diligently to increase our product and business base, rising to become our President and COO. We thank (My Old CEO) for his nearly (long time) years of dedicated service to (My Company) and wish him success in the future.

(My New CEO) has agreed to move into the position of CEO and is excited about the future of our company. His initial focus is articulating a clear direction...(yada, yada, yada)
Soon after this email went out, a new org chart went out shuffling some senior managers around. Right now I think things are okay with my group, but you never know when the new guy decides that Chainsaw Al was a paragon of corporate management.

No comments: