Monday, October 02, 2006

Three Years. Time to Retire?

October 1, 2003:

Welcome to my blog. Commentary on anything that catches my eye.


Three years and 1167 posts later, here I am.

The nature of my blogging has changed a lot during that time. It basically went from anonymous ranting and navel gazing to a more limited fare of wry work commentary and other non-explosive issues. This change is largely a function to the fact that this blog is no longer anonymous: my wife, mother, mother-in-law, co-workers, my wife's co-workers, and associated other "real" people from my life read my posts from time to time. So serious complaints about family are off limits, as are political screeds, digs on other religions, and any of my deeper, darker thoughts. I pretty much have to keep the same facade on this blog as I do at my average dinner party.

Dinner party chit-chat is okay, but it takes someone a lot more clever than me to keep a constant stream of source material. Which is one reason my posting frequency has gone down.

I don't think I will be giving up this blog, but I do think I will start a separate, truly anonymous blog (and obviously not linked to this blog or anyone else I know) to exorcise those deep, dark thoughts that are fighting to come up to the surface.

No comments: